September 19, 2016

Favorite Fall Wreaths

Favorite Fall Wreaths

Hello my lovely friends,

fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons.   I love it when the weather finally gets cooler and when the leaves start to change.  We don’t really have foliage in Florida which is a little unfortunate.  But I have come to love the Floridian signs of fall like when you can hear the cranes come down for the winter.  And of course I love decorating for fall.  I usually start a new season with a new wreath and this week I have teamed up with some amazing bloggers to share with you some pretty awesome fall wreaths.

Fall Wreaths – Materials you need

Grapevine Wreath {affiliate link}

Flowers and leaves

Burlap ribbon {affiliate link}

Wooden letter {affiliate link}

Hot glue gun {affiliate link}

Pliers

Scissors

Fall Wreaths – Step by Step guide

Here are the step by step instructions.  They are super easy and simple to follow and the best part is you can change each or skip a step.  There is no rhyme or reason to anything.

Step 1: Decide on initial layout

So I started the wreath by doing an initial layout.  Actually, I did that while I was still at Michael’s.  First of all, I randomly picked out the flowers and leave accessories that I liked.  Afterwards I placed them on the wreath to see what they would like together.  I quickly snapped a picture in the store so I could remember what it looked like.  As you can see my idea was to have leaves on one side and a letter on the other side.  I knew I wanted to add a bow to the top as well and we already had some ribbon for that at home.  (Didn’t my sisters boyfriend do such a good job holding up the wreath?)

Step 2: Add flowers and leaves

I started by sticking the flowers and leaves into the wreath whiling using the picture that I snapped as a guideline.  Obviously I ended up finding more fall decor right before we left which had to get added.  #StoryOfMyLife!!  Starting with the flowers on the top making my way down.  I always feel it is easier to start at the top and make your way down, just a preference but not a must.

Step 3: Cutting them Stems

After I was done with all the flowers and leaves I carefully turned the wreath over.  I used a pair of pliers to shorten the stems so that they wouldn’t stick out in the back.  With that you can ensure that the wreath will be hanging straight on the door and not be tilting over.

Step 4: paint the letter

So this step is totally optional.  I bought a monogram latter to add to the wreath.  It was a simple wood letter and I wanted it to be white since we had some leftover paint that we used for all our trims.  I applied two super light coats and let it try for 2 hours.  I added a “T” to every of our wreaths and I actually painted this one when I did the summer wreath.   So I don’t have pictures of me painting it but you get the point.

Step 5: Glue the letter onto wreath

Once the letter tried you can glue it onto the wreath.  I used a hot glue gun and applied some glue to the back of the letter.  I focused on the middle section of the “T” since I knew it would touch the wreath.  Afterwards I applied the glue, I just stuck it onto the wreath and hold it in place with some clamps. {I forgot to take a picture of that, bad blogger}

Step 6: Attach ribbon

This is another optional step.  The space between our door and the frame is super small so we can’t use a regular wreath holder.  As a workaround I always use a ribbon which also looks really nice on the front at least.  We use a magnetic clamp on the back of our door to hold the wreath in place which doesn’t look that nice.  Oh well,  we will fix that problem with the new door that hubby will be building when he gets back.  Since I have been doing it with all of our other wreath, I already had a piece cut to length.

Step 7: Create a bow and attach to wreath

So I added a bow to the wreath to make the ribbon look nice.  Creating a bow always seemed so hard to me, turns it out it is in fact super easy.  Especially with this tutorial here.  I created my bow almost identical except that I didn’t use a separate piece for the tail.  Instead I folded the tall piece over so that it would look like a bow.  I used a brown ribbon as the bigger part of the bow and a light beige as the smaller bow.  I created a circle with the light beige ribbon and placed it on the brown bow.  Afterwards I used a small piece of brown ribbon and wrapped it around the two bows.  I clued it together in the back and the glued the bow to the ribbon.  I added a pumpkin just for fun.

fall wreaths
image
image

Fall wreaths final look

So here we go guys this is the final look of our wreath.  Doesn’t it look really nice?

And now here’s some amazing fall wreaths from my incredible and creative blogger friends!

Fall Wreath DIY
Fall Wreath DIY

Fall Wreath DIY
Fall Wreath DIY

Fall Wreath DIY
Fall Wreath

As always thanks for stopping by and Happy Fall y’all!

* This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure here.*

• Reply Jen September 19, 2016 at 12:31 pm

I love these wreaths! And you make it look so easy to make them! Can’t wait to get one on my door this fall!

• Reply Sabrina September 19, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Thank you Jen, I am glad you like them! Believe me it is super easy! Can’t wait to see yours!

• Reply Emilee W September 19, 2016 at 12:38 pm

I love all of these! Wreaths are my fav DIY!

• Reply Sabrina September 19, 2016 at 3:47 pm

I am glad you like them Emilee, I always love to start with a wreath myself

• Reply Hey Sharonoox September 19, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Fall is also one of my favorite season of the year too. Summer had been good but I can’t wait for fall colors. That wreath is amazing. Love it!

• Reply Sabrina September 19, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am glad you like the wreath and that you love fall as much as I do

• Reply Colette @ restyle it wright September 19, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Looks great Sabrina! The picture of him holding the wreath is hilarious and something I would totally make my husband do! Love the addition of the letter T to make it more custom!

• Reply Sabrina September 19, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Thank you Colette, your wreath is so beautiful! Haha, my hubby would have never done that so I was glad my sister and her boyfriend went with me! Someone had to hold it!!

• Reply Sahvana Stapleton September 19, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Wreaths are so fun to make! Love your ideas! I bought those little pumpkins from Michael’s yesterday… great minds think alike 🙂

• Reply Sabrina September 19, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Thank Sahvana, I am glad you like it! Awe, that is awesome! I loved your farmhouse decor guide!!

• Reply Tammy September 19, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Fall wreaths are always the symbol of the start of the new season for me. Your fall wreath turned out beautifully! Thank you for the step by step. Very helpful!!!!

• Reply Sabrina September 19, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Thank you so much Tammy, I am glad you liked it. I know I love it when a new season starts

• Reply Bre | Maintaining Me September 19, 2016 at 7:56 pm

These are so cute! I have become obsessed with wreaths lately!

• Reply Sabrina September 19, 2016 at 8:24 pm

I am so glad you like them Bre!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

• Reply Terryn Winfield September 19, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Girl, you have inspired me to get my wreath made! I have been slacking and now I’m getting it done! I love that you gave such an easy, beautiful tutorial too. Tweeting and sharing on my page!

• Reply Sabrina September 19, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Awe, thank you Terryn that is so sweet of you! I am so glad you got inspired now and I can’t wait to see what it’s like!

• Reply Rebecca Hicks September 19, 2016 at 11:12 pm

I love your wreath! I’m actually posting a DIY next week for my fall wreath- how funny!

• Reply Sabrina September 20, 2016 at 12:42 am

Awe, that’s awesome Rebecca! I will make sure to stop by and check it out

• Reply Laura McCalester September 20, 2016 at 12:15 am

Fall wreaths are my favorite thing to make! Love this one!! Also – I love your blog, can’t wait to try out some of your DIY’s!!

• Reply Sabrina September 20, 2016 at 12:43 am

Thank you Laura, that is so sweet of you to say! I can’t wait to see what the projects will look like!

• Reply Brittany September 20, 2016 at 12:54 am

I love a good fall wreath, and they are so easy to make!

• Reply Sabrina September 20, 2016 at 1:30 am

I feel the same way Brittany! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

• Reply Amber September 20, 2016 at 12:57 am

Gorgeous wreath!! I just made one this weekend as well! Waiting on some cotton to make another one!!

• Reply Kelly September 20, 2016 at 1:01 am

It turned out beautiful! I love the monogram letter – it adds such a nice personal touch!
    Best,
    Kelly

• Reply Ashleigh | Smart Cents Mom September 20, 2016 at 1:25 am

I love decorating for fall. These are some great ideas for fall wreaths! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Sabrina September 20, 2016 at 1:31 am

So do I Ashleigh! Thank you so much, that is so sweet of you to say!

• Reply Sharon September 20, 2016 at 9:52 am

What and adorable wreath. I honestly would have thought it was store bought. And you make it look so easy. Maybe this will be the year I decide to be crafty!

• Reply Sabrina September 20, 2016 at 10:31 am

Thank you Shannon, that is so sweet of you to say! I am sure yours will look as beautiful it not better

• Reply Aditi September 20, 2016 at 11:17 am

These are so gorgeous. And your post is so well written and easily described ! Great?

• Reply Shannan Panganiban September 20, 2016 at 11:22 am

These are all REALLY cute! Love them!!

• Reply Sabrina September 20, 2016 at 1:03 pm

I am glad you love them Shannan!

• Reply Pamela September 20, 2016 at 11:57 am

Absolutely adore a good wreath!! You’ve inspired me to get a little crafty & get my butt in gear for a fall wreath!!

• Reply Sabrina September 20, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Awe, I am glad Pamela that I could inspire you! Can’t wait to see what it will look like. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

• Reply Mamaguru September 20, 2016 at 12:21 pm

These are great! I was trying to figure out which is my favorite, but I just can’t.

• Reply Christin September 20, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I’m actually going to a crafting party and we are making these so I’m excited. They seem super easy some may get hooked lol.

• Reply Sabrina September 20, 2016 at 1:35 pm

That is wonderful Christin! I am so excited for you!

• Reply Jenni Laplow September 20, 2016 at 6:26 pm

I love the DIY inspiration! Thank you for the awesome ideas and tips 🙂

• Reply Sabrina September 21, 2016 at 2:54 pm

I am glad you like them Jenni!

• Reply brittany September 20, 2016 at 6:43 pm

These are all gorgeous!!! I need to up my wreath game

• Reply Sabrina September 21, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Thank you so much Brittany! That is so sweet of you say, I am sure your wreath will look wonderful!

• Reply melissa September 21, 2016 at 12:41 am

Ooo I love these!!! I just took my spring one down (Ooops…HA!!!) now I am inspired to make a Fall one before the Christmas one goes up!

• Reply Sabrina September 21, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Thank you Melissa, that is so sweet of you to say! Haha, that happened to me last year! Awesome, I can’t wait to see what it will look like! Have a wonderful day!

• Reply Happily Ever Griedls September 21, 2016 at 1:01 am

Love your wreath!! I just made one a few weeks ago for our door that was “Fall inspired”!

• Reply Sabrina September 21, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Thank you so much Kristi, that is so sweet of you say! I just took a look at yours and it looks so beautiful. I love that you did a letter yourself, it makes it so much personal! Beautiful wreath!!

• Reply Rachel Catherine September 21, 2016 at 2:19 am

These are so cute! I need to make one for our house.

• Reply Sabrina September 21, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Thank you Rachel, that is so nice of you! I can’t wait to see how your wreath will turn out!

• Reply Lora September 21, 2016 at 1:33 pm

This is a really pretty wreath, Sabrina! It’s has a softer feel than the typical bright oranges of fall.

• Reply Sabrina September 21, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Awe thank you so much Lora! I loved yours especially the magnolia leaves!!

• Reply Lauren White September 22, 2016 at 2:12 am

These are all so pretty! I need to set aside some time and make one!

• Reply Sabrina September 22, 2016 at 2:16 am

Thank you Lauren, that is so sweet of you to say! I can’t wait to see what yours will look like!

• Reply Sarah @ Making Joy and Pretty Things September 23, 2016 at 8:33 pm

I Love how it turned out! The picture of your sisters boyfriend holding the wreath inMichaels is hilarious!!! I can picture my husband doing the same, maybe without the smile haha. The bow at the top is my favorite! So pretty!!

• Reply Sabrina September 26, 2016 at 12:15 am

Haha, I know I told my sister afterwards that he is a keeper!!! Thank you Sarah, that is so sweet of you to say!

• Reply Kristen September 26, 2016 at 1:14 am

I just love your wreath you made! It looks so cute! I love the addition to the bow up top.

• Reply Sabrina September 26, 2016 at 1:30 am

Thank you Kristen so much for stopping by and for the sweet comment. That means a lot to me especially since I LOVE your blog, you and your mum have such wonderful taste! Thank you for constantly inspiring me! Have a wonderful week 🙂

• Reply Zan Turner September 28, 2016 at 3:09 am

It turnd out really pretty!! I am doing a similar with an initial and it does not look this pretty!!!

• Reply Sabrina September 28, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Thank you Zan for saying that! I am sure your wreath will be even more pretty than mine!! Thank you so much for stopping by friend!!

• Reply Tracy September 28, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Oh Sabrina I love the initial wreath! So pretty and so doable for a non-DIYer like me. Thank you for the photos too to help me along! Tracy

• Reply Sabrina September 28, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Aw, thank you so much Tracy for saying that! You don’t know how happy it made me 🙂 I am so glad you like the wreath and that it will help you create one on your own! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

• Reply Gennifer Rose September 29, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Hi Sabrina!

This is such a cute idea! I have been researching home fall decor ideas and somehow I had totally forgotten about putting up a fall wreath. You have inspired me to make a trip to the craft store 🙂

xo Gennifer

• Reply Sabrina September 30, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Awe, thank you Gennifer! I am so glad you enjoyed the wreath and that I could inspire you to make one yourself now! I can’t wait to see what it will look like!!

• Reply Sandy October 8, 2016 at 3:00 pm

This project was adorable! I featured it on A Little Bird Told Me Link Party!

• Reply Sabrina October 9, 2016 at 12:27 pm

OMG Sandy, that is so sweet of you!! You have no idea how much that means to me! Thank you so so much <3

• Reply Jennifer October 10, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I’m a wreaths lover and I’ve found many awesome wreaths inspirations recently (including your of course!). Now I have another problem. I’m clueless about what design of wreath to choose for my door. Anw, great post as well. Thanks for sharing!! xo

• Reply Sabrina October 12, 2016 at 11:25 am

Aw, that is so sweet of you to say Jennifer. I know the struggle, I was so overwhelmed with all the options before I created ours. The options are endless ?

• Reply Simple DIY Magnolia Wreath : Fall Wreath Blog Hop – Craftivity Designs September 26, 2017 at 10:20 pm

[…] left to right, bottom to top Sunshine and Munchkins Meet our Life Craftivity Designs Restyle it Wright Corner52 North Country Nest Making Joy and Pretty […]